We all want our homes to look and feel clean. It makes us feel better, it is healthier for us, and it is more relaxing for all who live there. Here are my top 5 easy house cleaning tips that I personally use.
The kitchen and bathroom are the two rooms that get the most dirty with grime and gunk. Those two rooms are a must for regular cleaning.
- Wash Dishes. Everyday your kitchen, your nose and your guests will thank you. Take out the garbage as needed – if you made something stinky last night (oh, that fish!), empty the garbage as you’re done washing the dishes.
- Declutter Your Bathroom. Throw out what you haven’t used in a few months. A great tip from Elise Sheree is to use a dishmatic scrub brush to scrub the bathroom tub and sink. Check out her great kitchen cleaning video here.
- Hire a Cleaning Service. Wouldn’t it be great if someone would come in to clean before company is coming to your place? Hire a weekly cleaning service if you can fit it into your budget – it’s one of the best ways to make your life better all around. Your place will look great, and you’ll have more time to take up a hobby, take a class, or go visit family and friends that you usually don’t get to visit.
- Declutter Your Entryway. Put away the jackets, coats, hats, and shoes. Designated places for items you wear outside of your home will make it easier to keep the entryway cleaned up. I like to use a small basket for our house keys so we never have to look for them. That is a real time saver when I am in a rush to get out of the door
- Plan time each week to clean. 2 hours should be set aside each week for cleaning. I set a timer, sometimes in 10-minute increments, to get my tasks done. I plan my cleaning for an evening that I have open, and I don’t do it on the weekend. Some people like to listen to music while cleaning. Plan to have a reward at the end if you need motivation.
Well, there you have it. My top 5 tips for cleaning. I hope that this helps you out!
*Remember Time is Our Most Precious Asset